This post has partner links that I may receive compensation for at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my site!
KLM has opened a pop-up in San Francisco to promote the Dutch airline’s transatlantic service. The pop-up is only open from Friday, October 14 to Saturday, October 22nd. Visitors can potentially win flights to Amsterdam. Since the pop-up is located not far from my work, I stopped in for a visit today.
Although I had pre-registered with KLM, anybody can attend the event by giving their e-mail address at sign-in. Upon entering, I was given a wristband that I could then activate at five different stations around the shop. Each station showcases a different part of the KLM experience.
The stations were as follows:
1) Social Servicing – Shows how KLM offers 24/7 help via Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn
2) Network – An interactive map of KLM’s over 300 destinations
3) World Business Class – A demo of KLM’s business class seat, which reclines to a fully lie-flat seat. They were comfortable nice seats, at least based on the demo. I have never flown on KLM at all, but I’d love to try out these business class seats sometime
4) VR Dreamliner – A Virtual reality demo of what it’s like to be on a Dreamliner. This was pretty cool; you get to look all around the business class & economy sections of the plane.
5) KLM Takes Care – Talks about their sustainability and environmental efforts, and also shows bags made out of seats and uniforms
In addition to these five stations, there was a children’s play area, a relaxation lounge, a coffee bar (open from 11am-1pm each day), a DJ booth, and free bottled water.
After visiting all of these stations, you are entered to win a pair of round-trip tickets from San Francisco to Amsterdam. KLM operates this 10 hour, 30 minute flight up to 9 times per week. There will be 9 winners. Since the pop-up only runs for a week, your odds are pretty decent. If you’re near Union Square in San Francisco, stop by the KLM pop-up at 445A Sutter Street from 11am-5pm each day this week.