This article contains affiliate links that I receive compensation for at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my site!
Starwood has announced their Summer 2015 promotion for their Starwood Preferred Guest program. It’s nothing spectacular, but it could come in handy if you’re planning on any weekend Starwood stays this summer.
You can earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints for each stay of two nights or more that includes a weekend night.
You must register for Starwood Make It Count by August 15, 2015, and the promotion covers stays through August 31, 2015.
Go here to register for the Starwood Summer 2015 promotion now
One nice thing about this promotion is that there are no properties excluded. The promo is valid at any of the more than 1,200 Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide. This is a change from other Starwood promos in the past where there were many properties that were not participating.
Here are the full FAQs for Starwood’s Summer 2015 promotion:
- When can I register for the promotion?
SPG members can register starting June 1, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) August 15, 2015.
- Can anyone register for this promotion?
Any member can register at spg.com/makeitcount. A nonmember can join the SPG program and register simultaneously, also at spg.com/makeitcount.
- What are the dates during which I can earn bonus Starpoints?
Each registered member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from June 1, 2015, through August 31, 2015.
- Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?
Yes, as long as the member registers by August 15, 2015, any eligible paid stay from June 1, 2015, through August 31, 2015, will count toward earning.
- How do I earn the 1,000 bonus Starpoints?
Registered members paying an eligible rate on a stay of two or more consecutive nights that includes an eligible weekend night at a participating hotel or resort will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints with no limit on earning. An eligible weekend night is a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, except in the following Middle East locations where an eligible weekend night is a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night: Jordan: Amman; Bahrain: Bahrain; Kuwait: Kuwait City; Lebanon: Beirut; Saudi Arabia: Al Khobar, Dammam, Jeddah, Makkah, Medina and Riyadh; Qatar: Doha; United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai and Fujairah.
- At which Starwood hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn bonus Starpoints?
A member can earn Starpoints at any of our more than 1,200 participating Starwood hotels and resorts.
- What qualifies as an eligible paid stay for the bonus Starpoints?
An eligible paid stay has at least two nights and includes an eligible weekend night at an SPG-participating hotel or resort, paying a qualifying rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c).
- Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?
No, because stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels, such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc., are not eligible Rate Plans, the member will not earn Starpoints and will not qualify for any bonus offer.
- If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?
No, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.
- If I check in before June 1, 2015, or check out after August 31, 2015, but some of my stay is in the eligible stay time period, does my stay earn the bonus?
Yes, as long as one night of the eligible stay is within the promotion period.
- When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?
Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid stay posting.
- Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?
Yes, a member will earn stay and night credits as he or she normally does while earning bonus Starpoints.
- Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?
Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Did you find this information useful? Make your own travel plans using the links below & support my site at no extra cost to you! Thank you for your support!
Head over to Starwood’s site to register for the promotion, even if you don’t currently have any stays planned.