A couple of years ago, T-Mobile & Gogo announced a partnership where you can connect to Gogo’s inflight services to get free text messaging.
The two companies have now announced that the partnership is expanding, and it’s exciting news for T-Mobile customers. Beginning June 13, 2016, T-Mobile customers will be able to get one hour of free inflight internet on Gogo-equipped flights in addition to the previously announced services.
Here are more details of what you need to do to be able to connect to Gogo inflight wifi with T-Mobile:
Before you board
- Have a valid E911 address on file and a T-Mobile phone number.
- To get your hour of FREE Wi-Fi and unlimited texting, make one Wi-Fi call before you board.
- If you don’t have Wi-Fi calling, you can still get FREE Wi-Fi for one hour and use iMessage, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, and Viber all flight long.
- Don’t forget your carry-on.
In the air
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Open your browser.
- Click the T-Mobile banner on the Gogo start screen for access.
- Ask for extra pretzels.
You’re ready to go
- Use Wi-Fi FREE for one hour.
- Text and send picture messages all flight long.
- Access T-Mobile Visual Voicemail.
- Enjoy the future, you’ve arrived.
There is a huge list of FAQs for the T-Mobile & Gogo partnership, which you can find here.
T-Mobile already has by far the best cell phone services for international travelers, and this benefit only makes them more attractive to frequent fliers. While an hour of inflight internet on your phone won’t suffice for people who are trying to do work in the air, it is perfect for those who might want to check in on the world in the middle of a long flight.
Thanks to @jonk on Twitter for bringing this deal to my attention!
Start making your travel plans now!
Like this post? Subscribe to my weekly e-mail & never miss a post!
Also, follow me on social media to get the latest updates: